In many cases, choosing to have a property management company take care of your rental property is a great decision. It allows you as the owner to focus on other things, while still knowing that your home is being occupied and looked after and payments are being made. The next step is to select a good property management company. Here are some key qualities to look for:
- Clear and Timely Communication – You want to make sure that all expectations are clear to you and to your tenants; this helps prevent disputes. If you have concerns about your property, you want someone who can get back to you quickly, so you can get needed information and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Investment-Minded – Knowing that your company is business savvy helps you trust them with decisions, so that you can get the most out of your property.
- Patience and Good Customer Care – Both you and your tenants should be treated with respect. If you have difficulty with the company, your renters likely will as well, which may make keeping your space occupied a challenge.
- Well-organized – Managing multiple properties requires the utmost precision in organization. Make sure your property management partner has good systems and checks in place to keep track of all the details.
- Assertive when necessary – If a problem arises with your tenants, you need someone who will take necessary actions and demand results in a professional and timely manner.
Here at Thornburg & Associates, Inc. we put your needs first. We provide clear and effective management for every property and make every effort to keep your home occupied, paid for, and well-cared for. We even offer free maintenance services to all of our clients. You can depend on us to be the full-service property management experts you want and need.