Of all the ways to create income that go beyond earning a wage, investing in real estate ranks high on the list for return on investment and building a sound portfolio. It is not fool-proof, however, as property values can drop and vacancies and problematic tenants can be challenging. One of the keys to having an enjoyable and profitable experience as an investor in real estate is to work with a property management professional. Here are the key reasons and situations in which this is your best bet.
- Marketing- A property management company will handle the marketing for you, including utilizing a wide variety of options so that vacancy time is minimized.
- Tenant Screening- An empty property is far better than one with a problematic tenant in place who doesn’t pay the rent and/or damages your property. A property management professional has the ability to conduct comprehensive screening to minimize the chance of accepting a tenant you’d be best to avoid.
- Anonymity- Even with quality tenant screening, it is usually best to not be the face in front of tenants. If something were to go wrong, the property manager can handle it and keep you from getting those middle-of-the-night phone calls or having to deal with the unpleasant nature of an eviction or other legal action.
- Safe Time and Effort- If you were to manage your rental properties, you would be limited to however many you could handle on your own. When you hire a property management company, you can invest in as many properties as your finances will permit.
- Expand Area- Since you do not need to have eyes on your properties, you can invest in a good deal wherever it might be.
At Thornburg & Associates, Inc., our property management services are designed to provide you with these benefits and more for the properties you own in the Hickory, North Carolina area. We take care of all pre-occupancy, occupancy, and post-occupancy tasks, so you can rest easy that your property will continue to provide you with as large of a return on your investment as possible. Contact us today to learn more about the services we can provide you.