Here at Thornburg & Associates, Inc., we want to help you get the most value from your rental properties while also causing you the least stress. To do this, we provide top-notch property management services, while our experienced team members will take over all the maintenance tasks and make sure your property stays in peak condition. In this article, we’ll go over more information you need to know about property management.
What is Property Management?
As we alluded to above, property management refers to the oversight of real estate by a third party. The property management company handles all the day-to-day tasks of maintaining the property and interfacing with tenants in exchange for a fee from the property owners or a percentage of the rent. This service allows landlords to spend time on more pressing or enjoyable activities, while also giving them assurance that their properties are being looked after.
What Does Property Management Involve?
When you hire a property management company, you can expect the managers to provide some or all of the following services:
- Screening Tenants – Our team will evaluate potential tenants and make sure that the property goes to the right ones.
- Handling Leases – We’ll also take over the process of drafting, signing, and renewing leases on your property.
- Collecting Rent – We will handle rent collection and make sure that you get paid on time.
- Making Repairs – When repairs are required, we’ll make the necessary arrangements to get the problems taken care of as soon as possible.
- Doing Maintenance – We’ll also handle more general maintenance tasks, such as tending to the landscaping.