Even the very best of landlords will likely have a situation arise that results in a tenant complaint or even a tenant-landlord dispute. One of the benefits of working with a residential property management company is that they can help you navigate those tricky and stressful situations and work to reach a solution that everyone is happy with.
Here are five ways a residential property management company can assist you with tenant complaints and disputes:
- Facilitating communication- One of the best ways to avoid a complaint in the first place is to have open communication between the tenant and landlord. A residential property management company can help provide a variety of ways for a tenant to quickly and easily record problems and request solutions to issues.
- Investigating complaints- A good residential property management company will quickly investigate tenant claims or complaints and determine the source of the issue. They can also review lease agreements to see if anyone is in violation of them, whether that be the tenant or the landlord.
- Addressing complaints- In many situations, a residential property management company can help address any problems and help both parties work towards a solution. This may include contacting maintenance services or pest control companies, issuing warnings for noise violations, or clarifying the terms of a lease agreement.
- Mediating disputes- If a complaint does escalate to a dispute, a residential property management company can play an important role in mediating the discussion and helping reach a solution that is agreeable to both parties.
- Taking legal action- In the event that a dispute cannot be resolved through mediation, a residential property management company can help guide the landlord through the correct procedure for legal action.
At Thornburg & Associates, Inc., we have over 35 years of real estate experience and would be glad to serve as your residential property management company. Reach out to our office for more information about how we can help you successfully handle tenant complaints and disputes.